Brian Solis is one of the most influential people in the world regarding digital transformation of businesses, customer experience, and influencer marketing.
An analyst, author, speaker, Brian has a range of relevant experience from around the world and wrote a very influential report on the topic in 2012.
Brian and I have known each other for many years and in a 30 minute audio conversation you can listen to here, we spoke about the following topics:
- The difference between PR and media on one hand, and influencer marketing on the other. (Influential people aren’t waiting by the phone for your calls and emails.)
- The importance of really getting to know influential people before you pitch them on your brand.
- Influencer marketing: it's not "the tinder of marketing."
- How winning advocacy from influencers is just the tip of the iceberg; the importance of following their work regularly in order to keep up with the state of the art in your market and engage with them as a peer.
- Reaching consumers at the right micromoments: In research Brian did with Google, it was found that 90% of consumers who pick up their phones when they want to research, buy, or learn about something are brand agnostic when they do so. And 73% of people who engage in those mobile “micromoments” will do business with a company where they find content or people who are valuable or interesting regarding their topic of interest. So making sure your brand has great content and people on the platforms people are visiting at those micromoments “is true influence,” Brian says.
The whole conversation is worth listening to. Check it out - and check out the influencer and content discovery and research technology we’ve built here at Little Bird, inspired by the kind of thinking about authenticity, engagement, and learning that you’ll hear in this conversation.